Frequently Asked Questions
What is Tiki Toss, the hook and ring game?
Tiki Toss is an easy-to-play (and extremely addictive) hook and ring game that the whole family can enjoy. Set up the Tiki Toss board indoors or outdoors, swing the ring on a string and try to hook it onto the board.
How do I play Tiki Toss?
The rules are simple. The more times you hit and land the ring on the hook, the more points you get, and whoever has the most points, wins! Each player gets 10 attempts to swing the ring and land it on the hook. The first player or team to reach either 11 or 21 points is the winner. Play with as many players as you want, or even alone!
How do I install Tiki Toss?
Easy to set up and addictive to play, you’ll be hooked in no time! The Tiki Toss ring toss game includes a backboard, low thread profile hook, eye hook, pass-through ring with string, cord lock, and mounting screws.
- Insert hook into the center hole of the board.
- Using mounting screws or tape, mount the board on the wall at a height of 4-5 feet.
- Screw eye hook into overhang or ceiling at a distance of 3-6 feet from the wall (the further away, the more difficult!)
- Place ring on the hook. Run the loose end of the cord through the eye hook.
- Pull cord until the ring is in line with cord, but not overly taught.
- Tie cord and cut. (Tip: If cord stretches over time, tie a knot on the underside of the ring.)
Who invented Tiki Toss?
While the original hook and ring game could have originated in 5th century medieval Britain, Robin Hood’s time, or invented by Hemingway, the Tiki Toss version started as a smartphone game 10 years ago. After receiving tons of requests from customers to make a physical game, we launched the Tiki Toss Surf edition at Surf Expo in 2011. Ten years later, we’ve expanded the line to include 25 original products (and counting!).
Where can I buy Tiki Toss?
Available in 25 different editions, from football to Americana, our hook and ring games bring friendly competition and fun to any setting.